The first smoothie of the new year is ready to share! And no, I didn’t blend up a piece of banana bread! This delicious, frothy treat is, however, reminiscent of a sweet, delicious slice of banana bread, so I chose this name to give you an idea of the flavor bomb you’re in for.
Bananas and cinnamon make for a winning combination of flavors for a dessert-like breakfast smoothie that will set you up for an energy-filled morning, while promoting healthy blood sugar. And hidden within the walls of your blender are tons of phytonutrients coming from the greens I’ve added in. Make no mistake, this smoothie will certainly be a green one, but if you close your eyes and take a sip, you’ll never know that veggies are involved.
Banana Bread Smoothie
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce
- big fistful baby spinach
- 1/3 cup cashews or walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: pinch of stevia
- OPTIONAL: For more protein, add 2 tbs colagen hydrolisate or another mildly flavored or unflavored protein powder if your choice.