Remember last week when I said that the Sugar and Spice Smoothie would be the last pumpkin post of the winter season?
This recipe is just too good not to share, and since it was created by one of our wonderful and talented Bauman Wellness Coaches, Holistic Chef Christine Cully, I felt the need to post just one more pumpkin delight before moving on to spring dishes. After all, this recipe is good year-round using canned pumpkin.
Chef Christine brought this paleo pumpkin bread to our end-of-session potluck celebrating the successful conclusion of our last 12-week round of classes and coaching at AHS. We each brought something nutritious and delicious to share with our fellow wellness world colleagues. There were two different kinds of kale salad, a green hummus that included avocado and pumpkin seeds, homemade raw seed crackers, smoked salmon, fresh root veggies, a butternut squash soup, and my homemade kombucha. But it all fades in my memory when I think about that glorious pumpkin bread we had for dessert!
Breakfast? Dessert? Both?
This pumpkin bread is so delicious that if it were served at a party without any introduction, you’d never know that it’s actively good for you. Filled with nutrient-dense ingredients, this treat will nourish your body and delight your tastebuds. I’ll just give you a quick nutrition rundown so you can feel awesome about eating this paleo pumpkin bread for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert — add a dollop of coconut whipped cream to this creation and you have yourself a guilt-free, paleo dessert!
- It uses only whole food ingredients
- It is entirely gluten-, grain-, and dairy-free
- It uses only healthy fats from coconut oil, pastured eggs, and almonds
- It’s rich in beta carotene and other healthy phytonutrients
- It’s high in fiber and low in glycemic load
- It includes warming spices, including cinnamon (which helps regulate blood sugar) and ginger (which aids in digestion)
- It uses a small amount of natural, unrefined maple syrup (1/4 cup for 8-10 servings), a natural sweetener rich in minerals and minimally processed
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- 3/4 cup canned (BPA-Free) or boxed organic plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325
- Melt coconut oil
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix until smooth
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 35-40 minutes
Let sit for about 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan or cutting to serve.
This recipe works great for muffins as well, and yields about 10 muffins.