This week’s post is coming to you early this week, as tomorrow is the 4th of July holiday, and I won’t be here to write it!
The recipe I’m sharing today is a perfect addition to any summer BBQ, but is especially beautiful for a patriotic holiday line Independence Day, as the drink is bright red. Take it a step further by adding whole blueberries and some big ice cubes, and you have a red, white, and blue drink to serve for our nation’s most prized holiday.
Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca
- 1 small seedless watermelon (makes about 3 agua frescas)
- About 6 basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Maple syrup (about 2 tsp)
- Chili powder (optional if you want a little kick)
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop the watermelon up enough to fit into the blender
- Add all other ingredients
- Enjoy with fresh blueberries and ice while lounging outside on this beautiful summer weekend!