Ok folks, the GCC challenge is on!
Today’s blog post will be a short compilation of tips from the web for how to get your 10,000 steps per day. If you are as competitive as I am, or as some of the folks I’ve seen walking the halls here at Fairmont this week with their GCC Pulses, you’ll want to have a look at some of these tips and tricks. I’ll list a few of my favorites below, but follow these links to see them all!
How to get 10,000 steps per day
The Huffington Post kicks off our list with 25 Simple Ways to Get More Steps in Your Day.
My two favorites from this list are:
- Take an after-dinner stroll.
- Make your next meeting a walking meeting.
Fitness Magazine also has some awesome tips.
Here are my favorites:
- Walk the terminal while you wait to sit on an airplane.
- Make a walking date with a friend instead of calling her.
About.com helps you add in 2000 more steps per day with their great list.
- Pace while you’re on the phone instead of sitting.
- Return the shopping cart all the way to the grocery store.
As I’ve said before, prolonged sitting is the enemy to health and wellness. The GCC challenge is the perfect opportunity to get up and move and to take a coworker with you! I love those walking meetings, and I know there are folks around here happy to have them. Take the initiative to make your next meeting a walking one!