Time for a really awesome recipe for the last few peaches and nectarines of the year! Actually, this recipe is great for so many things that it deserves to be part of the year-round rotation. It’s the simplest thing ever, and it’s so diverse you can use it for any course of your meal.
The two examples below are for salad dressing and dessert sauce, but you can do more — try marinating chicken or pork in it, or throw it in the pan with some carrots and peas, or you could drizzle it over a sweet potato. The possibilities are endless! Prepare to be amazed at this awesome, no-sugar-added treat!
Cinnamon Balsamic Topping:
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar, preferably organic and aged- I didn’t reduce it, but I bet it’d be awesome if you did!
- 1.5 tbs organic EVOO
- 2 tsp organic cinnamon
- mixed greens (I used frisée, arugula, and romaine from the garden)
- stone fruit (I used a yellow nectarine, but I bet a peach or a plout would be just as good)
- chopped celery
- raw sunflower seeds
- crumbled goat cheese
- place 2 peaches, halved and pitted (I used one yellow and one white just for fun. You can also use nectarines for a less fuzzy dessert) in a baking dish
Add a big dollop of no sugar added organic apple sauce on each peach half
Sprinkle unsweetened dried coconut over apple sauce and peaches
Add water to the pan abt 1/2 inch deep
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- Drizzle cinnamon balsamic topping over all of the peaches and serve (feel free to add some whipped cream and chopped nuts to this delight for added decadence!