It’s been a while since I posted a smoothie after declaring my hope to post them more often, so here we go again! This one got rave reviews at both smoothie clubs this month!
I’ve been experimenting with chopping up my bananas and freezing them, and for this recipe, it works like a charm — no need to add ice (if you like a cold smoothie). Depending on the strength of your blender, you can either cut them into halves and freeze them or slice them and freeze them. (if you don’t have a super powerful blender, you might consider the slices) Just pay attention to how many slices you cut per banana on average to avoid putting too much in and turning your healthy meal into a sugar bomb.
Banana Creme Smoothie
- ½ banana (1 whole banana works great if you’re doing a post-workout recovery smoothie)
- Handful of cashews (blanched almonds and/or walnuts work too!)
- ½ organic heart of romaine lettuce
- 2 tbs coconut milk (skip this ingredient if you’re doing the post-workout version, as fat slows down the transmission of all this other awesomeness to your cells for recovery)
- 1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 date
- pinch of stevia
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Coconut water