Last month’s Smoothie Club concoction was reportedly the favorite of some of our most loyal visitors. I wanted to hurry up and post it before these awesome fruits went out of season, so here it is!
- Big handful of fresh organic blackberries (frozen works too)
- 1 or 2 organic black mission figs
- 2 or 3 whole kale leaves (more for a larger blender)
- Big handful almonds
- 1 tablespoon gogi berries
- pinch of stevia (optional)
- Coconut water
- Almond milk
- Ice (optional)
Blend it up and poof! You have a beautiful and tasty treat with cleverly hidden veggies and fiber.
I used wild blackberries — the seeds are smaller and blend up better — but use what you can find. This is a delicious treat and could even pass as a healthy dessert. Try sticking it in the freezer for half an hour and eat it with a spoon!